Monday, June 3, 2024

Day 148 - NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Date: 6/01/2024   Day 148  Port: NEW YORK, NEW YORK

Description: The ‘City that Never Sleeps’ beckons — renowned museums and sites galore by day; the glittering sophistication of clubs, theaters and restaurants by night. Explore Chinatown, Greenwich Village, the United Nations, Central Park’s Museum Mile and Wall Street’s towering steel and glass monuments to commerce, then hop into a cab for an afternoon of world-class shopping along Park and Fifth Avenues.

Planned Excursion: Exit the ship and head home – Flight JFK to Phoenix, Arizona @ 4:59 PM

Delayed Update:  It was late morning as we made our way into New York harbor passing by the Statue of Liberty.  I have captured some great video.  Once I get back home to Alaska where I can process this video on my home workstation and where I have better computing and Internet speeds.  I am excited to be able to upload higher quality video.  The ship's Internet speeds limited my ability to upload large video files that would be required for HD video.  The video's I did upload where scaled back to SD quality.   So if anyone has any favorite video(s) I have previously uploaded during the cruise, please leave me an anonymous comment.  I have all the original HD video and can re-upload higher quality replacement videos.

After our arrival in New York, we disembarked the ship as soon as we were able.  We made our way to JFK airport in plenty of time to make our flight to Arizona.  As I write this update we are here in Surprise Arizona until we fly home to Alaska June 5th.  We needed to stop by here first to close up our winter vacation home for the summer.  

Video

Click Here --> Arrival in New York by sea (SD Quality)

Click Here --> Arrival in New York by sea video (4K UHD)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please commit we would love to heard your thoughts and suggestions

Post Cruise Update

 Once we arrived home to Alaska we were greeted by a very overgrown lawn.  It's taken me a couple of days now to clean things up.  All o...